“Bowron Lakes – One of the 10 best canoe trips in the world” Outside Magazine
Set against the ice-capped Cariboo Mountains, the Bowron Lakes is considered by many as the quintessential lake canoeing experience in Canada. The Bowron Lakes is ideal for beginners, as our guides will give expert instruction with canoe strokes and safety. BONUS! It is located a paddle’s throw from Barkerville, the reconstructed town and centre of the Cariboo Gold Rush of 1858.
Our Bowron Lakes guided canoeing paddle is a 116 km circuit, comprised of 6 major lakes which are interconnected by a series of portages and rivers. The circuit forms a rectangle. It could not have been better laid out if it had been designed by a landscape architect.
Paddlers on the Bowron Lakes guided canoeing begin and end at the same spot. And those portages – well, groomed canoe paths allow for the portages to be completed with the use of canoe carts, upon which canoes are wheeled between lakes
- magnificent landscape of glacial mountains, cascades, and waterfalls, crystal clear waters, virgin forest.
- Bowron Lakes Guided paddle offers superb wildlife viewing including moose, beaver and otter, and the occasional bear. The area around the Bowron River is a bird watcher’s paradise.
- special group campsites that guarantee our own space.
- Bowron Lakes: Booking, Dates, & Pricing
- Have a question?
- Bowron Lakes Itinerary
- Why Select us for your Adventure?
- Our Covid19 Tour Practices
“Have seen my share of beautiful scenery. I can honestly say that waking up each morning knowing that I would be spending another day in such beautiful serene and peaceful surroundings was an amazing experience. I believe the only word I can use to describe it (I’m aware it is much overused) is awesome. I would highly recommend your company and the Bowron Lake trip to anyone who is considering this type of holiday. Thank you for what turned out to be the most fulfilling trip I have ever enjoyed.“ – R. Alterio, Chilliwack, BC