“One of the 5 Best Hikes in the Yukon” – Travel2Next/award-winning travel experiences
You will be overwhelmed by the vast scale of everything Kluane! It is one of the planet’s largest protected wild areas – incredibly colorful, with unusual geography, dramatically carved mountain ranges, impressive glaciers, and Canada’s largest icefield. It has been recognized by UNESCO as part of the largest non-polar icefield in the world with some of the world’s longest and most spectacular glaciers and a world heritage site.
Kluane (clue-on-e), the Southern Tutchone word for “Lake with many Fish”, is a rugged and magnificent wilderness area in Canada’s Yukon, characterized by lakes, high mountains, icefields, and glaciers.
Our Kluane guided hike is a 64 km (40 miles) offers camping and day hikes, with an overnight backpack up the Slims Valley to Observation Mountain. Observation Mountain presents an incredible panorama highlighted by the magnificent Kaskawulsh Glacier. Many hikers label the view as incomparable. It is truly one of North America’s wild landscapes.
- a visit to Kluane National Park Centre that has exhibits and a film on the park and First Nations history.
- Dall sheep, moose, caribou, and mountain goats are most likely to be seen. Grizzly and black bears roam the alpine and forested areas and are occasionally witnessed.
- campsites with views of towering peaks, mountain lakes, impressive valleys, and glaciers.
- Have a question?
- Kluane Itinerary
- Why Select us for your Adventure?
- Our Covid19 Tour Practices
“Wow” ~ “Great piece of Canada” ~ “Unbelievable scenery” ~ “Absolute, Unspoiled Wilderness!” “This is a must in a lifetime“ ~ “A hidden gem in the north”