INTERPRETING THE MAPS
We have condensed the many topographic maps you would need to paddle the Yukon River and Teslin River. The maps are presented in a concise, easy to follow, accurate, and clear format. Each map contains GPS coordinates, river distances, and any historical or natural/cultural information that may prove interesting.
- A top-situated spiral binding allows for easy flipping between numbered pages.
- Canadian topographic maps – detailed, accurate, and in full colour.
- 8.5×11 inch glossy pages that fit conveniently into waterproof map cases or large Ziplock bags.
- Scaled between 1:50 000 & 1:70 000
- Three-dimensional shading that displays mountains, valleys, and steep river banks.
- Cautionary warnings with prescribed options.
- Easy to read and follow historical notes on the map pages.
- Relevant, interesting information and side stories on the map pages.
- Location of high water campsites.
- Lead guide’s choices for best campsites
- Rating of campsites by scenery and amenities.
- Global Positioning System (GPS) coordinates.
- Distances between GPS coordinates in kilometers and miles.