National Geographic’s, Journeys of a Lifetime, ranks the Tatshenshini River rafting trip as the #1 river raft trip in the world.
Appropriately called the river of glaciers. In over thirty years of wilderness guiding in British Columbia, the Yukon, and Canada’s north, no other location left me in awe as many times as the Tatshenshini and Alsek corridors. Every imaginable superior descriptive for wilderness travel applies. If ever an adventure deserved to be ranked at or near the top of your destination bucket-list, it is this one. Len Webster
Our Tatshenshini River guided rafting tour flows through the St. Elias Mountains to the Alaskan coast. The mountains contain the largest non-polar ice caps in the world. It runs through the heart of the largest bio-preserve region in the world or area-preserving wildlife, landforms, and waterways while providing appropriate public use and enjoyment of a natural environment.
- Grizzly bear, moose, eagle, salmon, a plethora of birdlife and wildflowers inhabit the area.
- stretches of exciting, adrenaline surging rapids, excellently navigated by our accredited guides.
- campsites each day with spectacular views of glacial mountains.
- camp by and walk upon the impressive Walker Glacier.
- floating on Alsek Lake among the huge icebergs calved from surrounding glaciers
- charter flight from Dry Bay, Alaska to Whitehorse, Yukon over the incredible St. Elias range.
- whether a world traveler, photographer, first-timer, or ardent adventurer, our Tatshenshini River rafting will deliver an exceptional wilderness experience.
- read John Buchanan’s article of his and his wife’s raft trip with us.
- Tatshenshini River rafting Booking, Dates, & cost
- Have a question?
- Tatshenshini River Itinerary
- Why Select us for your Adventure?
- Our Covid19 Tour Practices
“Quickly came to understand why the National Geographic rated the Tat as the best rafting trip in the world. Glaciated mountains around every turn, walking on an actual glacier (big thrill for me), turbulent waters handled adeptly by your rafting guides, meals that blew our minds (lasagna, kabobs, salads, cake from scratch, steak, wine, beer – it was like a 4-star restaurant without a roof, star-filled skies as I never saw before with enough shooting stars to make a wish for all that you can imagine. Wow! And double wow!” ~ Greg & Nancy Cutcheon, Bend, OR.