West Coast Trail
“The West Coast Trail was voted Canada’s best hiking trail & one of the 5 best hikes in North America.” Explore Magazine
“Vancouver Island West – one of the last places where a wildland still meets a wild ocean” Bertie Gregory, National Geographic wildlife filmmaker
We pioneered guided trips on the West Coast Trail starting in the mid-1980s. A company must promise and deliver an experience that meets expectations, in order to achieve longevity. Let our experience create a safe, and wondrous adventure for you.
Our West Coast Trail guided hike along Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, is 75 km (47 miles) of the rain forest, beaches, sandstone cliffs, rugged headlands, rivers, light stations, and shipwreck relics. It is a hike that should only be attempted by those who are physically and psychologically prepared to take on its challenges.
The West Coast Trail is a recognized world class hike. Many hikers place it atop their “bucket list” of adventures to complete in one’s lifetime.
- sightings of marine wildlife including whales and sea lions.
- vestiges of early shipwrecks, settlement attempts, and First Nation historic and cultural impact.
- all campsites are located on the beautiful beaches.
- food drop to reduce the challenging demands of carrying a heavy pack.
- more about our guided trip read Brenda Johnstone’s Personal Journey.
OTHER RELATED COASTAL ADVENTURE LINKS
Nootka Island Trail – Capt. Cook’s 1778 Canadian Vacation
North Coast and Cape Scott Trail – Wilderness Beaches of Northern Vancouver Island
- West Coast Trail: Booking, Trip Dates, & Pricing
- Have a question?
- West Coast Trail Itinerary
- Why Select us for your Adventure?
- Our Covid19 Tour Practices
“Hello Len, I just wanted to let you know how fantastic I think your team is. Your guides made this West Coast Trail trip truly the trip of a lifetime for us. I’ve been to 24 countries and have had lots of amazing experiences, but this one trumps them all. Although we decided not to tell folks how fantastic the food was, we didn’t want anyone to think it was a “walk in the park”….thanks for everything!” ~Lyrin Murphy, Delaware, OH